Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A bit of news...

I realize I received my call a little over two weeks ago and I haven’t written anything on my blog, (really new at blogging and telling my life over the internet :) ) so I’ve decided to write a little update on what’s been going on with me for the last few weeks. I am so very excited to go to Uruguay. I was absolutely shocked to receive my call, because I was so sure I was going state side. A lot of ladies I know have been going or went state side and 3 boys from my ward just got called state side. It was a typical mission call opening experience, I had no idea where in South America Uruguay was so I had to look at a map. I researched Uruguay on the internet for like the next 4 or 5 hours that same day, and also the next few days. I was so amazed when I saw the flag of Uruguay because in the corner it has a big smiling sunshine. My middle name is Brighten, so I felt it was a confirmation to me about my call. It was really comforting and neat. I know that Heavenly Father really loves me.

A week later I got my visa papers and I started getting all my info about me ready and I had to get a background check which made me laugh. I found out for ten dollars that I am no criminal in the state of Utah…that was relief. Then I started all my shots of death. So very painful and expensive. But I guess that’s better than turning green or swelling up or getting spots or something. :) Anyways, they’re done, yeah. The main things I have left to do are shop for clothes and shoes…and shopping is always delightful.

I’m looking forward 08-08-08, this Friday because I get to go to the Salt Lake City Temple and get my endowments. Which will be really neat. My family received like 5 invitations to go weddings on that day and I knew of others getting married on that day, so I wanted to be included in all the festivities and so I get to become endowed on that day. I’m excited.

Things are going well, and I’m trying to get through finishing the Bible and Preach my Gospel before I leave and my Mom is so kindly and patiently teaching me the basics of Spanish to give me a head start. “Hola, como esta?” Anyways, there is my update. Adios amigos…

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hola! Muy bien to read your update...how is that for spanglish. :)

I think it is great that you are joining in on the whole 080808 festivities, great idea!

I am sure you will have fun shopping although, it will be hard to not get distracted by non missionary looking items.