Thursday, November 27, 2008

November 27th, 2008 - Happy Turkey Day!

Hola mi famlia y amigos,
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! First thing is I am so thankful for you all. Thanks for the faithful emails, prayers, letters, and treats. I love them all. I am sorry mom and dad you didn’t get to give your talks. You can send me them and I’ll read them. Well, Presidente Wilson and Hermana Wilson are the best, they gave us a thanksgiving dinner or lunch I should say. It was fantastic. They started cooking yesterday and helped the cooks here make us turkey, potates, stuffing, gravy. We also had two desserts it was awesome. It was the first time I had ice cream in two months, very tasty. It has been a really good day. We had a zone meeting and talked about testimony and thanksgiving and at the beginning had a thanksgiving quiz and I didn’t do too bad...haha. Anyways, I am glad pday is on thanksgiving. I miss being with my family, but it sure makes me appreciate holidays at home so much more. Today is the last time I will go to the Argentina Temple, it’s so beautfiul and that will be sad not being able to go every week. Thanks for prayers and words of encourgagement about going into the field. I loved the MTC it has been an amazing experience here. There are so many great people here and so many great things to learn and study. Spanish is still kind of worry, I am really slow at picking this up. But I know I will have a companion who speaks and all will be well. It has been a really neat and really hard week. On Saturday we went proselyting again and we went to new area and went for about an hour and half longer. It was really difficult because we talked to tons of people who were VERY catholic and liked there religion and in the afternoon everyone was taking siesta time. We were able to talk to a man from Uruguay, Daniel and we gave him a book of mormon and he really listened and was so patient with all of us and that was neat. And we have two appts. for saturday so we’ll see if they go through. It was a good experience. On Monday Elder Aidukaits and his wife came to speak to us. I shook there hands and he smiled at my name. They are so neat. I loved their talks. He is in the first quorum of the seventy. He talked about how we can see miracles on our mission because the Lord has promised we could and what we need to do. Actually they both talked a lot about miracles and feasting in the scriptures. It was so neat and inspiring. Very good and neat people. I loved listening and it was 2-3 in spanish but I still understood a lot. They have a neat spirits. This last week is a little crazy and stressful, we are leaving Tuesday morning.
I hope you got my letters last week with the temple schedule and I am sending you a picture of our zone that we took last week, we all get a free picture. So I hope you get it. This is what I recieved from everyone to let you know, I got an email from mom, dad, and stefi, and two letters from grandma mohrman. Thank you so much. I love everything. Thanks dad for the gingerale. Can you let me know if you get my letters? I don’t think I need anything but thanks so much anyways. I hope all is well. Enjoy your yummy food and day of rest. The next time you will hear from me I will be in Uruguay. crazy, two months have already gone by. Thanks for the prayers, I am pretty nervous. Happy week!!! I love you!!! Te amo!!!
Con Amor, Tiffani

No comments: