Monday, November 16, 2009

Elder Bednar´s coming...yeah!!!!!

Hola mi familia y mi amigos,
Thanks for the emails Mom, Dad, Nikki, Stefi, and Joseph. WOW all of you, it was AWESOME. THANKS!!!
Also, a huge huge huge thanks for my thanksgiving package. I had quite the blessing in disguise today with that. We got a call saturday that we had to go to montevideo for immigration stuff for hna farnsworth, which is kind of a bummer thing to do on pday. But we went and I got my package. We were so excited. Truly the nutella was just in time, I threw away my last one yesterday. I also got to see Hna Yeates, that was a lot of fun. She´s doing well, sick all the time. She´s going home in March and so is Hna Orme so I´m going to be the only one leaving in April. Oh well, they can come to my homecoming. But I also got to look around the bus station tres cruces which is like a mall and Hna Yeates and I love to shop. Don´t worry, I didn´t get that much. It´s a dangerous thing my new comp likes it as well. But anyways, this past week was good. We got to do more service on this house of Virginia. It was hard work but really fun. The priesthood were funny, they´d show us how to do something and then we´d do it and then they´d take the tools from us and finish it. They are very protective of the hermanas. It´s funny, Hna Farnworth´s dad was in construction and she´s like I know how to do this stuff. And I´m not that inept either and so we were just shaking our heads at each other. But it was a lot of fun.
We have this goal as a mission to do 140 contacts every week and President Da Silva is like you can´t control baptisms or people in church but you can control contacts, people we talk to do. So we really wanted to be obedient. But because of some obstacles we only had 44 contacts by sunday and we were like uggghhh, we know we´re promised blessings if we do that and so we after church and lunch and study we started at 3:30 and worked only until 8 on sunday, we did 47 contacts and 2 lessons of recent converts. And it wasn´t stupid contacts either just throwing brochures at people, we really tried. Just have to tell you that was a miracle. We´re setting the goal this week of 160 contacts. We need blessings. We´re probably going to have to drop a lot of investigators because they aren´t progressing, which is hard because that is knocking doors. But my comp has a ton of faith and she´s like if we´re doing our part Heavenly Father will do his. And so it´s like having you all here to tell me "everything always works out." I´m pretty stressed, my biggest fear as becoming senior comp was that I was going to kill an area. I know if we´re trying it won´t happen. I have a great comp and she´s a huge answer to my prayers. Well I love you all so much and thanks thanks thanks for the package. We´re excited for thanksgiving. I LOVE YOU ALL MUCHO!!!! Thanks for the prayers and love and support. CONGRATULATIONS Joseph on becoming an elder and getting your eagle. That is so awesome. I´m glad all is well, enjoy the pretty snow. It´s getting hotttt. Have a great week, and I´ll tell you about Elder Bednar next week.
con amor, Tiffani

No comments: