Monday, February 2, 2009

HAPPY FEBRUARY!

Hola mi familia y amigos,
Well, first I would like to thank you mucho much for the package, I recieved one at zone conference and it had awesome seasonings and candy, nutella, snoopy mug, mustard...thank you soooooooooo much!! I loved it. Also thank you for the emails, Mom, Dad, Nikki, Joseph, STEFI...I almost died of shock. hehe. I always love hearing from you all. Thanks also for the words of comfort. Thanks for the patience. Mom...your talk was wonderful, and not because it was about me but it really reminded me of a lot of things. I have had some neat times these past four months. So Elder y Hna Crum´s kids google earth Minas and they can see where they live so I thought you could try it. We live on the road artigus and there is an LDS chapel on it and we live across the road from it down a tiny bit in a bunch of houses connected together by the fork in the road. So if you want to try it.
Well, I had my first zone conference it was really interesting...I couldn´t understand a lot of it. But I learned a lot. Our mission goal is having march maddness like the numbers in march maddness 16 lessons with a member every week, 8 investigadors in church, 4 baptisms and other numbers like that but based off march maddness. We also played a scripture search game based on basketball shooting. It was interesting and it was a lot of being obedient and stuff like that but it was also really good and I like the Ashby´s. They fed us uruguayan pizza after and it was okay but it was really nice of them. I got some choc. chip cookies from sister ashby because we found 24 new people a couple weeks ago. So they were good. I shared with the crums and they appreciated it. I also got a letter from hna orme it was really nice and encouraging and she says hi. I´m sure she misses the chocolate. hehe. I didn´t get to see her or hna yeates which is sad but I will feb. 25 we are having a mission conference that day and Elder Jay Jensen and Elder Zivic are coming to talk to the whole mission so just to let you know that pday is feb. 25 a wednesday and I don´t know if I will be able to email. I sure hope soooo. But just a heads up. It will be neat to hear from the general authorities.
Last week the crums had a barbeque after district mtg. which was awesome, they went to an american store in montevideo so we got doritos too...small american pleasure. I love the stuff you sent. I ate pudding with the crums yesterday and they loved it also. America is such a great place and not just the food! I know obama is a moron but I am sure glad we have the gospel. There are some stupid people here that congratulate us on our new pres. and love him and as missionaries we can´t express political opinions, but they just don´t understand anything. I don´t understand why they care so much.
So yesterday I bore my testimony in Sacrament. I was sitting next to an investigator Maria and I challenged her to go and she wouldn´t so I said I would go with her and she did. and for the first time ever it was neat that she tried. Part of the challenge was for me because it is always scary to bare my testimony as you know but I did and I balled, it´s so scary. But I am glad I did. And I realized as I bore my testimony that I really love these people here. They are really neat. It´s still hard and hot duh...but I´m glad I´m here in Minas with these people. We are teaching some neat people, but they need to get married so we´re waiting. The elders had a baptism saturday and I stumbled thorugh the piano, but no one else could so I´m glad I was there. Well, I sure miss you all sooooo much. And I know this is important, I love you mucho mucho. Thanks for the emails the words of comfort and encouragement and stories and events and everything help sooo much. Thanks for always being there for me. I keep you all in my prayers. Have a great week!!! LOVE YA´LL!!!!
con amor, Tiffani

No comments: