Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Easter!

Hola mi familia y amigos,
Happy Easter!!! Thanks for the emails Mom, Dad, Nikki, Joseph, and Kim!! I love to read them and read them multiple times. Congrats on the homerun Josevaughn! I’m so glad you all enjoyed conference. That’s an awesome trick you played Nikki, way to get the football players. Haha. And congrats on the new job Kim. I am so happy all is well.
Well, so much has happened this past week and half. For starters, I had interviews and it was really good. He talked a lot about change and he said he didn’t know if I was going to stay here in Minas and so I stressed a lot this past week about transfers. I have a lot of respect for President Ashby, he is a good man.
Anyways, we had that concert last Friday and the elders kind of just wanted to have it, so me and my comp and Crums took over to plan it. And so I wrote a script for the concert so it was like a narration and we used that DVD that Dad and Joseph made me and they really liked it. So the program was about the Savior. And my comp translated the script. Hna Crum was the narrator and I did a duet with Hna Wilson. I played “I hope you call me on a mission” on the guitar (I can’t believe I remembered that) and Hna Wilson sang. It was fun. And then she sang some songs and the other elders sang and Edler Crum played the harmonica and President’s Ashby’s daughter sang and he played the piano. And then we watched the DVD and then all our district sang “How Great Thou Art”. It was a neat program. We about 30 people come. But it was good.
Then the next two days were conference and I LOVED THEM. I was really excited we watched it in English in a room in the Church. The talks were so good. Sunday morning was kind of a power house session, I loved the talks by Elder Holland, Elder Uchtdorf, Elder Anderson, and President Monson. WOW. It’s amazing how they all talk me and talk to each person individually. Saturday was excellent also actually all of it but I like Elder Nelson’s talk about prayer and the primary counselor’s talk about respect both were great. I loved the talks about the temple Sunday afternoon, I sure miss the temple. We had a lot of investigators come. It was awesome, and they enjoyed it.
On Monday we received change calls and I’M STAYING for another 6 weeks. It is such a blessing. I am so excited to have more time here. We have some neat investigators that could be baptized this change. And so I was so relieved and happy. YEAH!
Yesterday was a really cool day. My comp and I didn’t plan very well because we thought I would be saying good bye to people. And we had to keep thinking of things to do, but it was one of the most amazing days because I could see Heavenly Father guiding us and being in the right place at the right time. My comp’s bike broke she has a lot bad luck with bikes and so we had to take it back to the church and walk. And because we walked we found people and we’re in the right place to help this woman traveling back from work and we had some neat lessons because we found these families and this one family we were teaching asked “I want to learn more how I can get into the celestial kingdom” we were so excited. Anyways, I just looked back on the day and I could see Heavenly Father’s hand in it every hour. It was amazing. I’m excited for this change and hope we’ll see lots of miracles.
I love you all. I received 3 packages and they were amazing. Clothes, food, candy, THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I loved it. THANK YOU THANK YOU. I hope you all have a great week. Talk to you Monday!
Con amor, Tiffani

No comments: